Notice is hereby given that the annual election will be held at the Greenlawn Water District office, 45 Railroad Street, Greenlawn, NY, on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 for the purpose of electing one Commissioner for a three-year term. Said polling place is located within the Greenlawn Water District in the Town of Huntington, County of Suffolk, State of New York. Polls will be open for the reception of ballots from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on that date.
Petitions of Candidates Must:
- Be signed by at least twenty-five (25) qualified voters on a form which must be secured at the District office. ONLY PETITIONS ON THIS FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Be filed with the Board of Commissioners at the District office by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, November 8, 2012.
Qualifications of Voters:
- A Citizen of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Reside within the District at least 30 days prior to said election date.
- A registered voter under the Suffolk County Permanent Registration on or before November 19, 2012.
James M. Logan, Chairman
Board of Water Commissioners