2022 has been an uncharacteristically dry summer with substantially reduced rainfall…and so the need to reduce usage and conserve water has become a reality. The Greenlawn Water District Board Of Commissioners requests that all customers and consumers observe the following regulations from June 1 through September 15:
1. Water on Appropriate Days:
- Odd numbered homes and businesses: Irrigate only on odd numbered calendar days.
- Even numbered homes and businesses: Irrigate only on even numbered calendar days.
- If you do not have a street number: Water only on odd numbered days.
2. Water Efficiently: Irrigating during the heat of the day causes much of the water to evaporate. For best results and the most efficient watering, we recommend irrigation before 10:00 a.m. or after 4:00 p.m.
3. Follow these great water-saving tips:
- Many beautiful groundcovers require less water including lavender, daylilies, forget-me-nots, aloes, marigolds, and zinnias.
- Composting enhances water retention and adds nutrients.
- Avoid wasting water. Installing spring-loaded shutoff nozzles on garden hoses and slow-drip irrigation systems will help avoid over-watering and save money on water bills.
- Don’t overwater lawns. Maintaining grass height at 2 inches requires less water and reduces evaporation.