Notice is hereby given, that the Annual Election for the Office of Commissioner of the Greenlawn Water District will be held on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at the Greenlawn Water District office, 45 Railroad Street, Greenlawn, NY, for the purpose of electing one (1) Commissioner for a term of three (3) years.
Said polling place is located within the Greenlawn Water District in the Town of Huntington, County of Suffolk, State of New York. Polls will be open from 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on that date.
Petitions of Candidates must:
- Be signed by at least twenty-five (25) qualified voters on a form which must be secured at the District office. ONLY PETITIONS ON THIS FORM WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Be filed with the Board of Commissioners at the District office by 4:30 p.m., Monday, November 14, 2016.
To be eligible to vote, a person must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Reside within the District at least 30 days prior to said election date.
- Be a registered voter under the Suffolk County Permanent Registration on or before November 20, 2016.
James M. Logan, Chairman, Board of Water Commissioners, Greenlawn Water District
Dated: Sept. 29, 2016